Basic Construction Skills / Home Repairs
Entry level home repair, home remodel skills for teenagers, lead by mentor/trained professional contractors.
- Increase teens employability
- Teach essential lifelong skills, sustainability & resourcefulness
- Improve quality of neighborhood homes & community pride
Urban Teaching Gardens
We have 2 gardens and 1 orchard in the Riverbend & KingIrving neighborhoods where we teach gardening, beekeeping and mentor youth.
- Teach skills for food production
- Therapeutic act of gardening for wellness & healthy lifestyle
- Increase employability through skills building
Youth Athletics & Yoga
Athletic training by former collegiate athletes, free to youth. Also Yoga taught in the DSM public schools.
• Greater equality in accessibility to athletics
• Yoga for mindfulness and wellness
Arts & Culture
The healing aspect of creativity, and empowerment through healthy self-expression are at the root of this program. A celebration of Urban culture.
• Diversity Equity & Inclusion for youth access to arts
• Local artists engaged with urban teens for self-expression
Feeding the Community
Every weekend we hand out hundreds of hot ready to eat meals from our sidewalk at 6th & College.
• Keeping families fed in a food insecure community
• Engaging teens in philanthropy of feeding others
Donation based Movement & Mindfulness
We are removing the financial & demographic boundaries to yoga, movement and mindfulness classes. Classes are taught by certified instructors, and offered at a pay-what-you-can donation rate.
Movement Classes << follow link to movement schedule
• Diversity Equity & Inclusion for access to yoga and mindfulness
• Improved wellness for individual community members
• Stress relief and improved self-confidence
Basic Needs Drives
We facilitate seasonal drives in response to discrepancy in income-to-needs-ratio in our surrounding community With basic needs met a community can thrive.
Calendar of Drives:
December Coat Drive <<< fulfilled. Thank you!
February Hoodie Drive